APA-WI Membership and Communications
Become a Member of APA and APA-WI
Join Online or PDF Form
Retiree Recognition Form 2012
Unsubscribing from firstname.lastname@example.org:
APA-WI maintains two email listservs--one is mandatory for all members and exclusively available to APA-WI members, because it is APA-WI's main channel for communicating with our members. The other is optional and is not limited to APA-WI members.
1. Mandatory "wapalist" list: You will receive emails about elections, the newsletter, awards programs, AICP programs, legal and legislative updates, conference announcements, member surveys and other information that the APA-WI leadership considers of primary interest to our members. The address of this list is email@example.com. This list is moderated and only official communication from APA-WI is sent out on this list. If you are not receiving emails from this list, please do the following before contacting the webmaster.
(A) Go to the APA website to check that your current email address is correct in the APA database. If you find that it is in error, correct it on the APA website and then email APA-WI at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that you email address be updated immediately.
(B) Check with your IT department (even if that is you yourself) to make sure that your internet security software is not blocking emails from email@example.com nor from the domain @uwm.edu (since many of the emails will originate from Nancy Frank at the UWM).
2. Optional "wapamembers" list: The wapamembers list was created as a means for planners in Wisconsin to consult with each other regarding professional issues that arise in their work. In addition, events and publications of interest to planners are often posted to this listserv.
Subscribing to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Open an email program which sends mail from the address you want to subscribe.
- Send an email to the list subscribe address, which will be email@example.com. The subject and body of this message will be ignored, so it doesn't matter what you put there.
- An email requesting confirmation will be sent to the address the email comes from. Click this link and confirm the preferences set. Click "Subscribe".
- A confirmation of subscription will be sent to the address when it is successfully added.
- Open an email program which sends mail from the address you want to unsubscribe.
- Send an email to the list unsubscribe address, which will be firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject and body of this message will be ignored, so it doesn't matter what you put there.
- An email requesting confirmation will be sent to the address the email comes from. Click this link and confirm the preferences set. Click "Unsubscribe".
- A confirmation will be sent to the address when it is successfully removed.
Submit additions (phone, fax, email), corrections, or deletions to: email@example.com.